Small Wonders childcare supports the rights of the child and are committed to practice, which protects children from harm as outlined in articles 19 and 34 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the child 1989 and in compliance with the Children (NI) Order 1995. Small Wonders accept that the welfare of the child must be the paramount consideration before all else. It is our intention to create a child safe environment where children are valued in every respect.
- To provide quality care and comfort in a safe friendly environment.
- To offer an early learning programme through the intervention of planned play activities that allow children to grow and enable them to reach their full potential.
- To protect and encourage children and focus on positive behaviour.
- To help develop children’s confidence and a programme where children can value themselves and others through play.
- To provide opportunities for creative and imaginative play where children explore their own identity and help build their self esteem.
- To ensure all persons providing direct care for children are Vetted by a Police Check through Access NI.
- To ensure staff caring for children are experienced, qualified, caring and professional.
- To provide effective management for staff, trainees and volunteers through supervision, support and training.
- To promote equal opportunities through our policies and to reflect this philosophy through practice and delivery of care in our early years setting.
- To develop a Partnership with Parents by involving parents in children’s care and sharing information and concerns.
- To develop children’s awareness of respect for diversity through play and books.
- To develop a healthy eating programme and support children’s health and well being.
- To promote a strict NO SMOKING POLICY and endeavour to create a healthy smoke free environment for children.